What is covered (and is free)
- All individual hardware parts are covered for a minimum of one year, including the cost of removing the faulty part at our base and reconnecting the new one. Parts need to be demonstrably faulty, either through a manufacturer's software test routine, or other repeatable test, which takes less than 30mins. Less frequent faults (eg occurring once or twice in day) would be classified as reliability issues.
- Where individual parts have a manufacturer's warranty greater than a year (eg SCSI disks), then the one year minimum is extended accordingly. Where the terms of the manufacturer's warranty exceeds our own (eg on-site swap-out of monitors), you will be entitled to this service provided you have complied with the manufacturer's requirements (eg registering your product with them).
- At our discretion and where applicable and mutually convenient, repair work may be carried out on site. The inclusion of on-site installation at the time of initial purchase does not constitute an entitlement to subsequent on-site support unless specifically itemised on the invoice.
- Faulty or damaged items should be notified within seven days of receipt of goods, and will be dealt with in accordance with the returns procedure laid out by the manufacturer. All goods returned must be in the manufacturers' original packaging complete with all ancillary items. The company reserves the right to refuse returns for items which have become obsolete or were part of a special order, regardless of the time the return is requested or the condition of the goods.
- We will cover the cost of shipping the part or system after a warranty repair (UK only).
What is not covered (or is chargeable)
- Any work or time spent on diagnostics which does not result in a fault being found within the warranty terms (above). We do not guarantee the reliability either of hardware or software, and diagnostic work on reliability issues is fully chargeable.
- Customers are responsible for the cost of inbound shipping for parts or systems intended for repair, and the outbound shipping cost should no fault be found. Customers should report the nature of the problem and we will advise on what parts to return. We will not be responsible for the return of un-requested parts.
- Damage caused in return transit, particularly through the use of inappropriate or inadequate packaging. It is the customer's responsibility to provide insurance, if they require it, for returns to base.
- Unless specifically covered by "advance replacement warranty", parts will usually need to be returned to suppliers/manufacturers for repair/replacement. This process can take anything from days to weeks, and we can make no guarantees about such timescale.
- We do not accept responsibility for the contents of any re-writeable storage media (ie software and data on disk), any more than suppliers of other media like video tape or 35mm film. Whilst we can undertake "data recovery/transfer" work, it is not within the scope of warranty repairs.
- We provide all original disks for software sold, and customers are responsible for the software configuration of their own system. In particular, customers are responsible for registering their products and obtaining updates and fixes made available over the internet. The inclusion of software installation and set-up at the time of purchase does not constitute an entitlement to the restoration of such set-up following a hardware replacement.
- Software is supplied in accordance with the publisher's licence agreement, and we do not offer any warranties beyond the scope of that user licence, which the purchaser is deemed to have accepted.
- Any consequential losses, however caused, through the use, or inability to
use, any hardware, software or systems that we may have supplied or worked on.
We do not guarantee continuity of use should any part of the hardware develop
any kind of fault. Should you wish to bypass the normal
returns/repair/replacement procedures, due to pressure of ongoing work and the
interruption that would occur, you are at liberty to do so, but must take
responsibility for the cost and consequences. We will be happy to assist in
whatever way we can and liase with whoever you choose to work on the system.